BRENT, INNER LONDON
5 DAYS PER WEEK – 4 HOURS PER DAY, TERM TIME (40 WEEKS PER YEAR)
Salary circa £9,500 per annum based on term-time working
About Unlocking Potential
Unlocking Potential is a charity that works within communities to transform the life chances of children and young people who have social, emotional and mental health needs. We are developing programmes which have a sustainable impact on the community, and which will develop to support other communities in the future.
The Corner School
One of our programmes is The Corner School, which is an independent school for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs. Our provision is unique with both teachers and therapists working alongside one another. Our aim is to provide a high-quality education in a nurturing environment and equip the children with the life skills they need. Our curriculum is designed around the individual needs of each of our learners and children work on educational and social skill targets. We are heavily resourced with expertise and resources that both staff and learners use. We believe in a strong working partnership with parents and families, who are an everyday part of what we do here at The Corner School.
The role involves supporting the class teacher with a small group of children aged 5-11 years in delivering nutritious and healthy food.
- Plan, prepare and cook exciting meals, that are nutritious, varied and tasty, taking into account the children’s dietary and cultural requirements.
- Take full responsibility for compliance with all relevant food hygiene and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure that all stock is order and replenished as needed, that food is correctly stored in line with guidelines and that stock is rotated and all equipment is kept clean and in good repair.
- Keep waste to a minimum, ensuring our impact on the environment is as minimal as possible.
- Always follow the latest statutory requirements in relation to food and food hygiene
- Undertake all necessary and required training as needed.
- Be passionate about working with children
We are looking for an outstanding primary practitioner, who understand and can deliver high standards of support for our learners and can inspire and motivate children to achieve their best.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 Certificate/Food Safety in Catering Level 2
- Experience of meal planning and stock control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
This role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS with child barring.
If you want to be part of this exciting programme, where you can make a real difference, please click here to apply attaching your CV and a supporting statement confirming why you are suitable for this role. Please click here to download the job description
We will respond to your application within 2 weeks of receipt.